Joe Bergquist 11 Monadnock Road, Rindge NH 03461 (603)-532-4844
Challenge Fabric for 2007: Quilters Treasure 2833-504 LEMON TOFFEE
ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE A FAT QUARTER OF HAND MARBLED FABRIC!
•1 WEEK LODGING AT ANY RCI RESORT* •BRAND NEW SINGER FUTURA SEWING MACHINE •$200 SUPERIOR THREADS GIFT CERTIFICATE •CASH PRIZES and MORE!
Awards may include: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Honorable Mention; Best Machine Quilting; Best Hand Quilting; Most Creative/Artistic; Best 1st Time Entry (included at judges’ discretion)
Sponsors include: Superior Threads; Print Concepts Fabrics; Singer Sewing Machine; Olfa and more
Please visit our website for more details on the sponsors & prizes WWW.QuiltersTreasure.com(*Continental US only.)
1. A recognizable amount of the Challenge Fabric LEMON TOFFEE must be used as an integral part of the entry, and must appear in the body of the quilt. The theme this year is “ Bright Ideas”.
2. No more than 2 yards of the challenge fabric may be used in entry, but any amount of other fabric may be used.
3. Judging emphasizes originality and creativity, creative use of the fabrics as it relates to other fabrics, visual impact, and workmanship.
4. To be considered for judging entries must be able to travel as part of one of the collections and will be shipped to shows throughout the year. The items in the collections will be packed and unpacked many times during that year. While great care is taken to protect the items in the collection as much as possible breakable embellishments and other breakable props may become damaged. Special packing instructions can not be followed. When designing your entry these factors should be taken into consideration so that entries are not overly fragile. Quilts must be able to be folded.
5. Your entry must be received by Quilters Treasure 11 Monadnock Road, Rindge NH 03461 no later than December 31st, 2007. No late entries will be accepted. PLEASE, no large shipping containers as they create shipping and storage problems.
6. Multiple Entries per person will be accepted with separate fees and forms for each entry, maximum 2 entries.
7. The entry must be accompanied by a $15.00 entry fee ($20.00 for foreign entries) and a signed copy of the official entry form. The entry form and fee must be included in the shipping carton. Please make checks payable to: Quilters Treasure.
8. Entries must be clean when they are received or they will be immediately returned. Do not add potpourri, sachets or any other fragrances to your entry, as people may be allergic.
Category: Challenge Fabric Project “ Bright Ideas” (no doll entries please)
1.The quilt can be of any shape, but the combined total of all sides of the quilt can not be less than 72 inches nor more than 200 inches (for example an 18” x18” quilt equals 72”, a 50” x 50” equals 200”). A round quilt can not have a diameter greater than 50 inches. 2.Each quilt must have a sleeve attached to the top back for hanging. The sleeve opening must be 5 inches wide after it is attached to the quilt, and must be attached in a way that it will not show when the quilt is hanging. 3.An identification label must be securely fastened to the bottom back corner of the quilt (A paper label pinned to the quilt is not acceptable). The label must contain the same full name and address that appears on the official entry form. The label should also contain the title of the entry. 4.Quilts will be judged in the single category of CHALLENGE FABRIC ENTRY. Any technique may be used with regards to appliqué, piecing, mixed, stained glass, etc.
Special note: WEARABLES ENTRY RULES (not a separate category but judged for fabric usage/quilting/etc).
1. Clothing may be of any size but not heavy winter clothing.
2. Accessories are allowed as part of the garment but remember that traveling may result in damage to extensive accessories.
3. All wearables require an identification tag similar to the quilt ones (section 3 above).
4th Annual Quilters Treasure Challenge Entry Form “ Bright Ideas”
Name:____________________________________________________________________________ Address: ______________________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip: ____________________________________________________________________
Title of Challenge Entry: ____________________________________________________________
Quilt Size:________ x ___________ Clothing Type__________________________ Size _________
Describe the piece for identification purposes:
If a pattern was used or adapted, give the name of the company producing the pattern. Please give credit if a book or other source inspired your design. If your design is based on traditional block(s), give name(s) and other pertinent information including quilter if different than entrant name.
Any unusual stories related to accepting the challenge or making your entry? An unusual Technique or method?
I hereby grant permission for the above described entry to be included in the 4th Annual Quilters Treasure Challenge Traveling exhibit should it be chosen. There is no restriction on photography on this piece by individuals for their own enjoyment. Promotional photography of the exhibit and use of the photographs at the discretion of the curator is permitted.
I, ___________________________________, for myself and all those claiming through me, hereby release Joe Bergquist & Quilters Treasure from any and all liability of any and every nature in connection with the use of the above described challenge entry. Challenge entry will be returned to me in Fall 2008 if it is chosen for inclusion in the traveling exhibit. If entry is not chosen for traveling exhibit, it will be returned in early 2007. Winning notifications will be made by mid-February 2007 to all entrants. If I win the Grand Prize of 1 week lodging at any continental U.S. RCI Resort, I understand that I am responsible for transportation, meals, gratuities, taxes, etc.
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK!!! HAVE YOU:
1- SECURELY FASTENED AN IDENTIFICATION LABEL ON EACH PIECE OF YOUR ENTRY?
2- ATTACHED 4” SLEEVE ON YOUR QUILT?
3- SIGNED YOUR ENTRY FORM?
4- SECURELY AND SAFELY PACKAGED YOUR ENTRY? (Plastic bag/waterproof wrapping is recommended)
5 – INCLUDED ENTRY FEE?
If you would like notification of receipt of your entry, please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope or postcard